Thursday, September 23, 2004

A New Jus Bar

Let's face it. Burning Man changed my life.

One thing it did was take me out of this media-saturated reality and return me to the harsh, intense, infinitely fulfilling natural world. You're not supposed to leave anything behind in the desert, but I did: my interest in the bitterness of politics. Among many other things.

In the past, this blog has turned into little more than a bitter rant, like all the others out there, even when I try to shade it with compassion and meaning.

But I find lately that, while my fundamental interest in politics has not gone away, my approach to it has shifted dramatically. I'm not as interested in jumping into the mud and slinging it out the old fashioned way. In fact, I've lost interest in addressing political issues directly at all.

Because underneath the political issues, we find the same foundation as social issues, justice issues, environmental issues, self-development, hobbies, personal interactions, learning, family, entertainment, addictions, and on and on and on into every facet of human existence.

I'm talking about our view of the world around us. Once we pull our heads out of the everyday (job, food, entertainment, relationship, and of course, money), we start getting into those lofty issues that only certain types of people seem interested in looking at. Why are we here? What IS "here"? What is the purpose of this mundane life I seem to be living? Where the hell did I park my car?

So if I'm to continue blogging, I feel the need to shake things up a little. I may ramble a bit, but if in reading this you spark to a kindred spirit, let me know. Post a message. Plug into this fabulous thought-train of peace, love, and neo-hippie techno-groovalicious power vibe we call Manifesting Reality. Because we're already making things happen. We're already creating the world of our imaginations. Now we just need to realize that and change our freakin minds, because we're in the process of creating something that's so not cool right now.

Check back here for more on that subject.

But for now, some short term instructions:

1. If you haven't seen it yet, then make plans RIGHT NOW to see What the Bleep Do We Know? at your nearest available location. No, stop - did I say you could keep reading? I mean NOW! Check out the times and get back with me once you've bought your tickets (I use plural because you know you want to bring a friend).

2. Find the groove you like and chill, freak.

3. VOTE! FOR GOD'S SAKE VOTE!!! Register NOW. And once you're registered, then apply for absentee voting NOW. Because that's the best way to get counted this time around. Shite's about to hit it and the fan won't be pretty on November the 3rd. So vote now and make it count.

4. Spread the love. Do something mysteriously cool and charitable for a total stranger. Fold someone's laundry. Drop an extra quarter in someone's parking meter. Give a homeless guy a Clif bar. Be the good in the world that you keep bitching about not seeing. Because we need you.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bigheadben will be at the Sugar Valley Voter Registration booth registering your ass to vote during the Castro Street Fair, Sunday Oct 3. please stop by, say hi, and register to vote if you havne't already. if you have, please bring a friend or four to the fair who haven't, and let's get those biznitches in business.
hugs,
bhb
www.bigheadben.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home