Tuesday, June 15, 2004

A prediction...

I had a random premonition today. I predict that Bush will follow in his father's footsteps and initiate a major military action just before the election, just as George H did with Somalia. Instead of a cynically false "humanitarian" mission, the action will be predicated on some sort of national security crisis and will be intended to scare Americans into keeping Bush in office until it's done. After all, we can't replace a President midway through a major military event, right?

As to whether or not it'll work, I'm not as sure. Americans are fickle, and have been scared rabbits these past few years. But my instinct tells me it won't work. Just as it didn't work with George 1 and Somalia, it won't work with George 2 and Iran. (Ooops - did I say that out loud?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home